is a directory of 3D
Ultrasound and 4D Ultrasound providers. Our directory
4D Fetal Ultrasound centers
in the US and Canada. Our
goal is to be the premier baby ultrasound services locator.
News and Articles
Hillcrest Adds "Baby Face" Ultrasound Technology
Hillcrest Baptist Medical Centerhas acquired the iU22 ultrasound
system from Philips Medical Systems, which provides advanced diagnostic
imaging capabilities, including the popular 4D "baby face" ultrasound.
The system’s powerful imaging capabilities support a variety of common
exams, including vascular, abdominal, gynecological and pelvic.
This new 4-D imaging technology allows patients to view the unborn
child in 3–dimensional, clear, life-like images of the baby. The video
image of the baby appears in real-time (the fourth dimension), showing
a true image of the baby as it moves and develops in the womb.
For obstetrics patients to experience the excitement of the 4D "baby
face", a complete diagnostic ultrasound exam is required. The "baby
face" image is best when viewed between 26 and 30 weeks and is an
additional cost of $75, payable at the time of the appointment.
Hillcrest will provide a CD containing the ultrasound pictures, which
the patient can then take home to view and print or take to any store
with photo printing capabilities.
Clinical use by physicians indicates that the 4D-ultrasound system has the potential to:
- Make ultrasound exams much faster
- Help patients and their physician better visualize and understand their condition
- Help identify the nature of suspicious breast lesions sooner by utilizing new, higher resolution, higher frequency transducers
- Enhance diagnostic capability, thus reducing or eliminating the need for more expensive or invasive tests and procedures
- Provide clearer ultrasound images, especially in difficult-to-image patients
- Guide catheters and needles in 3D space without radiation exposure
For more information on this or
other Hillcrest services, visit www.hillcrest.net or call (254)
202-4262.To schedule an appointment for a "baby face" ultrasound, call
Issuers of news releases and
articles, and not 4d-ultrasounds.com or
LLC, are solely responsible for the accuracy of the
News releases and articles are presented unedited as
from the source listed.